Prepares food according to selected menus, approved recipes and production sheets with knowledge of quantity cooking. Completes the preparation of all food items in a timely manner and assure that all foods meet required serving temperatures. Utilizes creativity in garnishing, decorating and developing new recipes. Complies with stringent health, sanitation, safety , HACCP and food handling standards. Adheres to quality and cost containment standards. Reports to appropriate Food Services Manager.
* Associates Degree required.
* Culinary Certification of Accredition preferred.
* QFO (Qualified Food Operator Certificate) preferred or required within six months of employment.
* Minimum 2 years experience as a cook in a large volume institution preferred.
* Ability to read, speak English and follow recipes in a cost effective manner.
* Basic Math skills.
* Ability to operate institutional kitchen equipment.
* Quantity production experience preferred.
* Ability to tolerate lifting, pushing and pulling up to 80 pounds and long term standing.
Associated topics: appetizer, cocinera de produccion, cocinero de la parrilla, cook, fryer, kitchen, prep cook, salad, sandwich, stove