SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manages care for both stress testing population and anticoagulation clinic. Responsible for clinical management of referred outpatients for anticoagulation therapy based on established protocols. Functions as a member of the team, under the supervision of the clinic provider to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Responsible for outpatient cardiac stress testing and care management of the patient which includes: monitoring stress testing, providing a liaison between cardiologist and patients and his/her family or support system; symptom assessment/management, triage, and patient education. ? RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identifies medical problems during testing and assess need for cardiologist intervention. Follow cardiologist orders, utilizing center resources and/or outside agencies as needed.Identify and appropriately follow up on immediate patient needs after completion of testing: determine which patients need to be seen by cardiologist after testing and prior to leaving facility, which test results need to be sent to cardiologist's nurse/office and which are routine test results handled per protocol.Provide appropriate education to patients, family or significant others regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, symptoms to monitor, answers any health/test related questions appropriate follow up care or testing as necessaryUtilize non-nursing staff appropriately. Delegates to and provides guidance and supervision to medical assistants and LPN's, recognizing their scope of practice.Extracts and utilizes patient information from the inpatient record or correspondence from provider. Assists with input of demographic patient data, processing test resultsPerforms agitated saline studies for echocardiograms as needed. Recognizes urgent medical issues or special patient needs in the center, intervening appropriately. Seeks provider input as required. Provides supportive care to patient, family or significant other. Sees anticoagulation outpatients in scheduled appointments or handles telephone visits for telephonic population for dosing, teaching, post hospital/STR stay, changes in health. Uses dosing protocol to adjust warfarin dose, seeks provider input/orders as required. Uses INR POCT device proficiently. Receives, triages, and handles phone messages, verifies VNA orders, assists with new lab requisitions and other documents as requestedCompletes peri-procedural anticoagulation plan, Provides lovenox teaching, including patient instructions, self- injection,, requests lab work per protocol, obtains and discusses with provider
- Oversee stress testing following IAC-nuclear based department protocols working in conjunction with nuclear medicine for both treadmill and pharmacologic testing, assuring safe but meaningful testing with focus on EKG changes, arrhythmia interpretation, and symptom management. Recognizes indications, contraindications, and testing endpoints responding appropriately.
Performs scheduling and registration functions in anticoagulation, as required
- Recognizes and participates in overdue and noncompliant patient process
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Participates in quality assurance measures, including audits and data collection as required
? REQUIREMENTS:RN State of CT. Licensure. ACLS and BLS required3- 5 years acute cardiac experience, anticoagulation and outpatient experience preferredWorking knowledge or arrhythmias, cardiac medications, assessment of chest painPrevious stress testing experience and knowledge of 12-lead EKG interpretation preferredParticipates in professional development activitiesExperience starting, using, and maintaining intravenous site and therapy.
- Good organizational skills and thought process.
- Ability to communicate and present information using correct medical terminology.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.
#LI-JW1 #CB *CB
Associated topics: advanced practice registered nurse, anesthetist crna, arnp, clinic, cna, cnm, family, nurse practitioner, prn, specialist