MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON - Connecticut and MassachusettsPosition Summary:
The Senior MSL position covers the areas of, and can be based in Connecticut and Massachusetts.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through appropriate scientific exchange, builds and maintains professional relationship with external stakeholders to expand GBT's research, advisory and education partnership opportunities
- Focus on personal accountability and ownership-constantly challenging oneself to take responsibility for continuous performance improvement and operational excellence; reliable and predictable for colleagues and customers
- Develop clinical and therapeutic knowledge expertise in the SCD treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, and new therapeutic developments
- Participate and sometimes lead the development and execution of medical strategies to identify, key SCD experts, investigators and institutions strategic to research and development efforts
- Develop and ensure alignment in medical education activities for HCPs through MSL-delivered presentations, participation in medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product and disease state knowledge.
- Collaborate with GBT clinical team, medical affairs directors, medical monitors and clinical operations to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in GBT's studies.
- Respond to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (IIS) and supporting IIS submissions through appropriate internal review and approval process.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director, MSL, Director, MSL and the Senior MSL Payer Lead to provide coverage and build relationships with managed markets, payers and maintain coverage of KOLs/HCPs to execute the medical strategies/tactics.
- Execute MSLs/MA Key Performance Indicators (MSLs Competencies, Maximize Outreach to Key Stakeholders; Understand & address Disease & product knowledge gaps; Ensure quality responsiveness)
- Establish medical strategies for implementation by MSL Team, in alignment with Medical Affairs (MA) objectives
- Coordinates/Collaborates with SR, Director, MSL and the GBT Compliance/Legal colleague to develop and implement policies, SOPs, codes and guidelines, and training
- Acts as a senior company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Conduct therapeutic training for Sales and medical colleagues upon request
Fit with GBT culture:
- A doctorate level degree (e.g. MD, PharmD, and PhD) in life sciences with relevant residency and/or fellowship experience is preferred; however, a relevant life science degree (e.g. RN, MS) is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an MSL or have 7 + years of experience for a Sr MSL
- Rare Disease and launch experiences highly preferred
- Deep knowledge of MSL best practices, legal and regulatory requirements, Codes of Practice, Standard Operating Practices and guidelines is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people, project teams and setting goals
- Fully understands the roles and responsibilities of MSLs within the industry
- Consistently networks with MSL industry to ensure alignment with similar MSL organizations and generates new ideas to further grow organizational value
- Focus on accountability, ownership and excellence
- Strong scientific and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Capable of managing a diverse group of geographically dispersed staff
- Strong management skills with demonstrated ability to plan for resourcing needs, set goals and objectives, establish and recalibrate priorities, provide feedback and appraise work.
- Ability to regularly assess individuals' skills, talents and career interests which ensure development of a talent pool for the future
- Demonstrates resilience and flexibility while skillfully planning and organizing multiple priorities
- Has a winning attitude and demonstrates a commitment to goals with a positive approach to problems, even in the face of adversity
- Anticipates future consequences and trends.
- Accurately identifies long-range opportunities, and can see opportunities inherent in any situation
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: diet, drug, drug development, immunoassay, immunohematology, nutritionist, pharmaceutical, pharmacometrics, physiologist, vaccine