Location: West Hartford, Bristol, New Britain, Naugatuck,CT
Job Purpose: To provide persons served by the agency with support, direction, supervision, and training specific to the individual service plan that is based on situational/historical data (school, state, or other professional reports), vocational assessment instruments, team meetings and behavioral data.
Supervision Received: Coordinator/Manager-Rehabilitation Services
Supervision Given: Program Participants
Expected Professional, Work Behavior and Attitude:
Job Tasks (according to employer specifications)
Understanding and following work rules (i.e. breaks, sick time, dress code, etc.)
Work Speed/Task Attention
Behavioral Interventions and Support
3. Insures job completion for employers in event of employee/participant absence (if necessary).
4. Attends to consumers personal care needs, dining, toileting, and other needs as dictated by the persons level of functioning and individualized service plan.
Serves as client liaison between sites, worksite employers, supervisor and employees and CW Resources.
5. Maintains required training certifications as specified by funding sources which includes but is not limited to: CPR and First Aid, PMT, signs and symptoms, dysphagia, fall reporting, abuse neglect prevention and reporting, and blood borne pathogens. Potential for securing and maintaining Medication Certification: as needed.
6.Maintains a valid drivers license with a clean driving record with any required endorsements (i.e. PSL public service license endorsement or if assigned to work with special education student, must carry a V endorsement, and submit to required training and initial and random drug test.)
7. Responsible for completion and maintenance of necessary documentation per individuals plan including but not limited to: chronological entries and service documentation related to individual goals, activity tracking, payroll and production information, behavior data, dining guidelines, incident reports, etc.
8. Performs duties in a safe and professional manner and acts as a role model for those served.
9. Attends staff and clients meetings as needed.
10. Conducts all program activities in accordance with CARF, State and Federal DOL, State DDS, and worksite company standards.
11. Understands all follows agency policies and procedures.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree preferred, or appropriate experience.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience Required: At least one year in helping profession.
Job Duties are to be performed in a professional manner. In accordance with CW, Inc. policies purposes, procedures, rules and regulations.
Hours to be scheduled will vary. Hours scheduled will typically be during the Monday through Friday work week and could fall in-between hours of 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Also some night time work short term assignments may become available based on consumers employment schedule.
It may not be consistent work initially but may lead to a more regular schedule and into a regular position.