Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Our manufacturing plant in Newtown, CT is seeking a qualified and cost-conscious Production Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for learning all safety, production, management, and supervision operations. We're looking for a creative thinker who doesn't mind sharing their ideas and implementing new strategies to benefit the business. If you're a hard worker with excellent managerial skills and superior time management skills, we want to talk to you. We offer a competitive salary, a high-energy work environment and excellent benefits.
* Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment * Make recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility * Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost * Management of all hourly production employees to include managing work schedules, training, coaching, counseling, performance reviews, provide feedback as needed, hiring, assist in resolving complaints, hold employees accountable as needed, communicate issues and results on a daily basis * Maintain department shop floor metrics, visual controls, and continuous improvement methods to the manufacturing floor * Direct and execute daily production requirements * Maintain waste generation at or below budgeted standard * Inspect the finished product to ensure quality specifications are met * Maintain full compliance of all safety rules to include safety training and accident investigation * Maintain housekeeping excellence * Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required * Special Projects and other duties as business dictates
Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or Other relevant fields
* 5-10 years of supervisory experience in a supervisory or management role with significant corrugated converting experience preferred * Knowledge of web-based or paper converting, packaging, or printing experience preferred * Proven staffing training & development experience * Must possess excellent attention to detail, problem solving and follow-up with a strong sense of urgency and time management skills. * Comprehension of general manufacturing concepts related to efficiency, quality, safety, workflow and mechanics
* Computer literate * Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint * Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma a plus * Knowledge of AmTech a plus
* Courteous, cooperative and efficient manner with customers and company personnel * Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills * Able to multi task in an environment constantly changing priorities * Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, utilize appropriate safety equipment and effectively address and resolve unsafe conditions * Organized and Detail Oriented * Team Player
Business Objectives Alignment
Help develop and roll out an operational strategy in line with his sector's business strategy
Effectively manage human and material resources to ensure sound financial performance and the achievement of manufacturing efficiency targets
Maximize production efficiency and optimize the resources under his responsibility
Maximize synergy and foster collaboration among Cascades' groups, units and business units
Maximize the return on assets under his responsibility
Make sure operational efficiency targets are met
Ensure compliance with standardized manufacturing practices and procedures to deliver on the sector's objectives
Support the sector's continuous improvement initiatives
Build a team of competent and dedicated people whose skills complement one another
Ensure that the work flow and job structure are tailored to his sector's needs
Manage and engage his staff based on Cascades' values and business strategy
Implement the talent development and succession strategy in his sector in collaboration with Human Resources
Health & Safety
Accept the full responsibility that comes with his position in line with Cascades' OSH requirements
Help set OSH priorities for his sector in line with corporate objectives and follow up on them
Insist on and create a safe and healthy work environment for all employees in his sector
Promote sound occupational health and safety management
Personally commit to and display strong leadership in health and safety
Corporate Responsibility and Governance
Make sure governance rules are followed and responsibilities are carried out
Ensure the sustainable and responsible development of his sector
Insist on ethical conduct and uphold the values underlying Cascades' corporate culture
Client Focused and Innovation
Help his unit achieve its innovation objectives
Participate in technical support for clients
Core competencies defined for this job
* Health and safety
Flexibility and ability to adapt
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associated topics: director, manage, management, plant manager, principal, product superintendent, production management, production superintendent, site supervisor, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.